Monday, June 28, 2010

Pappass: I'm not retarded anymore.
Tom Warshaw: Oh really?
Pappass: Really.
Tom Warshaw: When did that happen?
Pappass: 1984. Sometime in the spring. I went from retard to mentally handicapped. And then in 1987-88, I went from handicapped to challenged. I changed again. I'm probably changing right now. Who knows what I'll be next?


This is a quote from the movie The House of D. I have been told I have a Borderline Personality Disorder, then am a Chronic Depressive, then a Functional Depressive, and lastly possibly have Bipolar Disorder with depressive tendencies. Like Pappass I have "changed". But just like him no matter how my labels change I am still the same. Just a girl with a million thoughts racing through her head at any time that can make her happy, scared, or depressed. But I do have a tendency to be deeply depressed to the point I am consumed with it. However, it is what it is. Why do we have to be obbsessed with putting a label on it? Is it our desire to put something in it's proper place? Maybe it's our desire to understand something? Or maybe it can tell us to what is safe and what isn't? But is that healthy? Maybe it helps figure to who we are, which seems to drive us to many things.

Well, hello there, you're still reading! Let me tell you the purpose of this real quick while I have your attention. I have decided to put out my random thoughts and experinces for the world to read and comment on. I hope to grow through this ( by seeing my thoughts infront of me) and maybe share a nugget of wisdom with you, or if nothing else make you laugh. I cannot promise it will always make sense or fluid, however, I will promise to be honest and will not hold back from you. Thank you for reading my first post and hope you will come back and see me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment