Tuesday, June 29, 2010

06/30/10

Thoughts are something that are very important. They reflect who you are and where your concerns lay. They really are, sometimes, hard to share. Sometimes it's the fact that you can't put them in to understandable words. But alot of times it will allow someone deeper, let them know the true you. Once in awhile a person comes along who , somehow slips quickly an easily through your defenses. I have one of those friends who scares me, frustrates me, and whom I absolutly admire. But those people are rare.

Today I had a friend look at me, slightly frustrated and ask me why I wouldn't truly give him my thoughts. I was reminded how no one could know me until I spilled my thoughts. Then from there I had other friends that attempted to get into my thoughts and I had to let them, no matter how hard I wanted to fight them.

This is how we grow. I will never say it's easy but it will bring us to the parts that we find painful and help us deal with them. But then again we need to be careful who we let in. I believe that is the hardest part. Not everyone is rotten but not everyone is honest and it's not always easy to figure out who is who. That brings us back to our true friends. We do no have to do all this alone. We do have to do the discerning and growing without a support system. It's possible to do it with out one but it's alot harder and not as much fun. They will make you laugh at your mistakes and you will do the same in return.

Not sure if I completly like this post but its something that is something we have to deal with.

1 comment:

  1. Hello :) Good to see that you are journaling. One thing that I have discovered in my journaling is that ultimately the only ones who we can count on for our own peace and happiness are ourselves. Family, friends, acquaintances and mentors may have answers and even some of their own precious moments to spare, but they all have their own agendas and yes, some of them are hidden. We have adapt by finding what works for us, no matter how crazy these things seem to others. What you say is true, no matter how much people think they know us by how much we have chosen to "let them in," they have answers based on their own interpretations and beliefs which they have already codified. Even our psychologists would like to reduce us to definitions and a corresponding diagnosis codes with which to bill by. Pills and cognitive behavioral therapy are not always the answer.
    Best wishes, Steven http://www.blogger.com/profile/14089065729455743758

    ReplyDelete